TABLE OF CONTENTS
Chapter Ⅰ. General Rules
Chapter Ⅱ. Application and Review for Domain Name Registration
Chapter Ⅲ. Change and Cancellation of Registered Domain Names
Chapter Ⅳ. Domain Name Operation Management Fee
Chapter Ⅴ. Supplementary Provisions
Chapter I General Rules
Article1.To regulate the registration and management of domain names, CNNIC Implementing Rules of Domain Name Registration (hereafter Rules) are made in accordance with China Internet Domain Name Regulations (hereafter Regulations).
Article 2. Any one who applies for the registration of a CN domain name or a Chinese domain name which is administered by CNNIC or engages in related activities shall abide by these Rules.
Article 3. The
domain name system under these Rules is in conformity with the the
Bulletin on China Internet Domain Name System issued by China Ministry
of Information Industry (MII).
Article 5. An applicant may submit the Application Form of Domain Name Registration to the Registrar on line or by email, or other means, and conclude the Registration Agreement with the Registrar.
Article 6. The contents of the Application Form shall include:
(1) the domain name to be applied for:
(2) the host names and IP addresses of the primary and secondary DNS servers
(3) the domain name holder's company name, the company representative, the industry category of the company, the post address, the postal code, the email address, the telephone number and the fax number as well as the authentication information;
(4) the name, the company name, the post address, the postalcode, the email address, the telephone number and the fax number of the person related to domain name's administrative contact, technical contact and billing contact, and the contact Details of the person who is entrusted to apply for the registration .
Article 7. The applicant shall in the Registration Agreement guarantee:
(1) abide by the laws and the Regulations in relation to the Internet;
(2) abide by China Internet Domain Name Regulations and other relevant rules of governmental authorities;
(3) abide by these Implementation Rules and CNNIC Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy;
(4) the truthfulness, accuracy and integrity of the submitted information.
Article 8. The date when the Registry receives the first effective Application for Registration shall be the application date. The Registrar shall inform the applicant of the application date.
Article 9. The Registrar is responsible for accepting the Application, and reviewing the applied domain name according to the Regulations.
Article 10. The Registrar should delete the domain name that violates the Regulations. If the applicant or holder of the domain name is not satisfied with such deletion, he may apply to MII for re-examination.
Article 11. When applying to register the third level domain name under the second-leve domain GOV, the applicant shall present the following materials in written:
(1) the Application Form with the stamp or seal of the applying entity;
(2) the material which proves the applicant to be a governmental institution.
Article 12. The rules on application
for registration of a third level domain name under the second-level
domain .EDU, shall be established by China Education and Research
Network Information Center (CERNIC) separately.
Article 14. To transfer a registered domain name, the current registrant shall submit to the Registrar the Application Form with his company's seal or duly notarized. the Registrar shall, after verifying the application, make the change accordingly.
Article 15. To cancel a registered domain name, the applicant shall submit to the Registrar the Application Form with his company's seal or duly notarized. the Registrar shall, after verifying the application, cancel the domain name accordingly.
Article 16. The holder of a domain name
may change its domain name registrar. When changing the Registrar,
the domain name holder and the registrar shall abide by the Policy
for the Change of the Registrar adopted by CINNIC.
Article 18. The last day for renewing
a domain name in the expiry year shall be the same as the application
date. If the domain name holder who has not renewed the domain name
before or on the above deadline, the concerned domain name shall
be inactivated temporarily. If the holder has not renewed the domain
name for the period of 15 days from the inactivating date, the concerned
domain name registration shall be cancelled.
Article 20. The information which the applicant submits in the Application Form for the domain name registration, except that the applicant specifically declare not to be disclosed, shall be recorded into the database for public inquiry and other publications of the Registry or the Registrar, as part of the directory services offered to the Internet users.
Article 21. With the development of the Internet and the domain name system, and with the change of the relevant laws, regulations and policies, CNNIC may amend these Rules.
Article 22. These Rules are subject to the interpretation of CNNIC.
Article 23. These Rules go into force
as of December 1, 2002.